Occupation: Artist (O:A) is a Wellington-based collective with diverse individual art practices and a shared feminist vision. We are:
- Vivien Atkinson
- Sondra Bacharach
- Becky Bliss
- Kelly McDonald
- Kedron Parker
- Sarah Read
- Nadine Smith
- Caroline Thomas
Together we aim to bring contemporary jewellery to a new audience by raising its public profile and fostering critical discourse.
Our collective persona enables us to engage with the community via large-scale public art projects, which you can view here.
PRESENTATIONS GIVEN & EVENTS INITIATED
- Radiant Pavilion lightening talks, Melbourne 2019. Presented Not Those Kind of Jewellers
- RMIT Design Hub, Melbourne, 2019. Panel member All The Jewellery
- Venues across Wellington, 2018. Presented No Filter, a week-long multi-artist calendar of exhibitions
- The Dowse Art Museum, 2018, invited artists, performered All that Glitters
- Radiant Pavilion, Melbourne, 2017. Speaker at Making Out, relay panel, curated by Julie Ewington,
- JEWELTalk, Wellington, 2017. Co-ordinated and hosted 13 speakers
CV: You can download a CV listing our group activities here.